Thursday, March 13, 2008

Let's bring it back!


How fun were snowball fights!? Come on now; remember back in the day when you didn’t “feel” the cold? Where you would stay outside all day and build mini igloos and have snowball wars.
Back then pretty much whoever’s side made the best and the most snowballs won. Or who scored major points by pegging an unsuspecting adult. I swear my brother can wind one up and snap it dead at the back of your head with the speed of at least 80 mph. No matter how fast you ran in your padded snow suit and moon boots, no matter how many zig zags you maneuvered, you can even be all the way across the street and 2 houses down and his precisely launched snowball will knock you square on your melon, of course knocking off your knit hat with the little ball at the top.
Then after a whole day of snow enjoyment, you would head inside with 2nd degree frostbite, a few snowburns, wet soggy gloves and moon boots filled with balls of snow that have attached themselves to your leg hair, to have some piping hot cocoa (which of course burns the first 2 layers of skin off your tongue).

Ok check it out, how awesome would it be to bring back that priceless childhood memory to your adult world?! Schedule a big snowball fight at lunch time in the courtyard or where ever you can that does not pose safety issues for others that are NOT playing. I think during the winter at least twice a month every work place should partake in a little lunch time snow adventure! How fun does that sound?!
Now this can also solve pent up frustrations which will alleviate stress in the workplace which in turn will boost productivity and therefore cut down on “mental health days” Have I sold you yet? Just think… you can ping that person who proceeded to work your last nerve after clearly registering the look of “over whelmed” on your face. Nahhh just kidding, Keep it safe and fun, no one likes a “snowburn’ on the middle of their forehead or an ice impacted ear! No matter how much one may deserve it…hehehe (evil grin).
We have become a society that is too busy with being serious, too serious to just let loose and have a little harmless fun. As a matter of fact I think this should be mandatory. So, are you with me? Or are you going to be an old decrepit, no fun having, miserable, serious all the time kind of person? Ok let’s go!
Now I just have one rule…..no one is to hit me in the face…I mean it dammit! Mark! (My lovely twin) you of course are not allowed! Unless, of course you are on my side. Take a minute everyone and sit back and remember a fun time in the snow as a kid. You deserve it.
please click on the link to give me a point! http://humor-blogs.com/

5 comments:

damon said...

We don't have snow in Florida, but I'm always up for a seaweed fight!

Anonymous said...

Yes April I agree we need a bit more fun. And the snowball fights were awesome! Except the time we were digging out a tunnel in a snow pile and you decided to introduce my skull with the shovel our mother used for picking up dog shit, yes you read right people, my lovely little sister with the blonde curls in the pic performed an unscheduled merger with my dome and a shit shovel. I have the scar on my foreheaad to prove it. Of course the story of the conversation starting scar is now much more elaborate involving ninjas, swords, hot women and saving little children from would be captors.....ok maybe I just tell everyone my sister got pushed over the edge and unleashed her fury with the mighty shit shovel like Thor and his golden hammer. Oh well GOD love those memories.
thanks Bitch.
XOXOXO

Jon said...

That was really fun having snowball fights. There is still snow on the ground around here so watch your ass.

Anonymous said...

I always seemed to get the snowball with the rock inside it.

Bee said...

I grew up in California but I remember having snowball fights when I moved to Chicago at 17/18. I used to be able to run fast...

You're right about not feeling the cold back then. I made a couple of snowballs this past weekend and my fingers almost fell off!