Monday, April 14, 2008

My poor granny!


You know, I’ve never really thought about how the state of society we live in today would be alarming to our older generation. Think about it, you have people walking around with extreme piercing and tattoos everywhere, nothing hidden. Gay couples outwardly showing affection. People cutting themselves up with plastic surgery and replacing noses and other parts they do not like. Taking GOD out of every public display, school or government building. An African American AND a woman running for presidency. American factories wiped out and outsourced to other countries. Having to import CORN of all things!
Yes these times are quite troubling for anyone let alone our older generation. I called my granny the other night and after asking her how she was she paused and sighed longer than usual. I said, “What’s wrong granny?” She said, “ I don’t know, I’m confused about something” She sounded somewhat scared so I thought I would take a chance and ask for details, knowing full well this would be opening Pandora’s box. She then explained that she heard on the news that a MAN was pregnant and would be giving birth soon and even showed his round pregnant belly on T.V!
She sounded quite upset, so I explained to her that he used to be a woman so it wasn’t all that impossible really. Her response was, “but he still has a “pahdinger”right? Pronounced (puh-dinger). Yes, granny I suppose he, or shim does have a “pahdinger”. “Well…. how are they going to get the baby out and how is he going to breast feed it, and why would she turn herself into a man if she was going to have a baby like a woman?” At that moment all the answers I thought I had for her were wiped out of my head and replaced with utter confusion.
So we sat there in silence for a good 5 uncomfortable minutes. Finally I shrugged and said, “I don’t know granny”. I then realized that we should stop wondering why people do things. Let go some of that confusion and just shrug it off. If someone wants to sew up their vagina and staple on a “pahdinger” and get pregnant, then have at it! Knock yourself out, as my mother would say. No matter what era we are in, crazy will never become extinct, just a new form of crazy will out due the last.
P.S. For the liberals out there.. The examples of shocking things in today's society that I listed, does not mean I am saying any of those are wrong........really
P.S.S- don't forget to click on the humor link http://humor-blogs.com/ to give me a point! :) thanks!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, April, I'm not going to comment on this blog really becasue it is not a true debate forming blog, but I really need for you to start a blog about these 6 teenager girls and 2 boys who planned and executed that horrific attack on that other 16 yr old cheerleader in Florida. I saw this like a week ago or so and was horrified by the video I saw of these little monsters beating this girls up. Apparently, if you have not heard of the story, the victim posted a message on her my space account bad mouthing some or all of these girls, and they planned this abush/kidnapping/beating as retrobution. It says alot about our current state as a country as to what all of the aspects of this act portrayed. From the numbing of our children of violence to bad parenting to the glorification of evil behavior. I don't like to think about the issue most times becasue of what I saw and heard on the video of the event, but I saw today that they are being tried as adults (thank God) and I am not looking forward to the bombardment of the incident again and I am going to talk to Bri about it tomorrow.
I really do hope these little bastards get what they deserve and that is not my rage talking nor is it the fact that I have a daughter either (even though my reaction to the video was elevated becasue I am a father). I truely do hope justice does prevail on this and it makes parents all over take a step back and realize that our responsibilities go further than just taking care of the obvious needs of our offspring and not just growing these children, but guiding them onto the right path as well.
XOXOXO
your darling brother

Anonymous said...

April, I happen to agree with your blog today, this is a crazy world and unfortunately it keeps getting crazier!!! Why in the hell do would you have a pahdinger, as you call it, installed if you want to have a baby?? Will we women finally get our wish and will he push a watermelon through a pin hole!!! All the while screaming that this was a terrible mistake and he should of held an aspirin between his knees like his granny had suggested!!!!

Also I agree with your darling brother, when are you going to write a blog about the rotten children living in CA that need to be human sacrafices for tribes in Africa or some country that still practice that type of thing!!! Burn that cheerleader and her parent on some pink stake all the while having it stream live on her my space!!! That may be a little harsh but if you have a picture of the poor girl that was beaten to a bloody pulp it won't seem so bad!!!
Have a great day and keep your children as far away from the cheerleaders as possible...funny from one HEROS fan to another..don't save the cheerleader the world will be a better place!!!

Tys on Ice said...

i love it...the very fact that lines are getting blured and that we seem to accept it..iam not one to judge...like ur mother says' knock urself out'...

Tys on Ice said...

had to comment on ur brother ... being a father, each day i feel a pang of anxiety thinking tht my child is going out there into the world where there are so many things tht cud hurt him....i wish i can protect him always...i know i cant...all i can do is be a father who can teach my child not to be the cause of the sickness...

and i really pray that every parent does that..

...atleast for the sake of our children...

April said...

everyday I wish I can put a force field around my children to protect them from any kind of pain.

Anonymous said...

Keep teh gummint out mah pahdinger!

Bee said...

Can you imagine what life will be like for this poor kid? They didn't have to make it public but they did, for what? To be on Oprah?

You're right though... ::shrugging::